Date Posted: 8/13/2020 10:36:56 AM
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE CLASS: Under the supervision of the Finance Director, performs responsible clerical work; collects monies at window; and does related work as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(1) Takes receipts over the counter.
(2) Files parking tickets and posts same to delinquent cards.
(3) Compiles delinquent parking list for court.
(4) Writes and mails parking ticket statements.
(5) Does accounting for rental parking spaces.
(6) Duties of the Finance Clerk include but are not limited to those outlined above.
(7) Files payroll tax receipts and net profit tax returns.
(8) Files payroll tax receipts and net profit tax returns.
(9) Does accounting for delinquent taxpayers using computer.
(10) Assigns numbers to new accounts.
(11) Assists in the deposit of monies after balancing bills and receipts.
(12) Provides assistance at the window and by telephone on tax returns, questions and problems.
(13) Compiles and tabulates reports.
(14) Issues licenses.
(15) Operates computer and other office equipment as needed.
(16) Collects delinquent tax bills.
(17) Other duties as assigned.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Graduation from high school or equivalent (GED) supplemented by one year experience in handling cash and dealing with the public.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Working knowledge of modern clerical methods and techniques. Ability to make difficult arithmetic computations. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the general public. Neatness. Orderliness. Integrity.
Salary Information: Pay Grade 8:
Application Deadline: 09/02/2020
Applications and complete position details are available at: www.richmond.ky.us Submit applications to Human Resources at 239 W. Main Street, Richmond, KY 40475
Human Resource Specialist
239 West Main Street
Richmond, KY 40475