City of Maysville | Maysville, KY
Date Posted: 8/17/2020 10:06:02 AM
- Develops, administers and implements environmental programs in accordance with governmental requirements.
- Perform compliance related reporting per environmental regulatory compliance required by local, state and federal agencies.
- Maintain a current working knowledge of environmental regulations and laws to provide expertise for assessments, capital projects, work orders, and general environmental related problem solving.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the day to day operations and maintenance of a municipal water and wastewater treatment plant, site laboratory, storm water pollution prevention and source control, safety, personnel, internal and external reporting, contract, finance and regulatory compliance among other duties.
- Interacts with federal, state and local regulators to resolve compliance issues; establishes permit requirements and assists in state and local regulatory audits.
- Develop cost-effective compliance strategies for existing and emerging regulations that support organization’s needs.
- Responds (or manages response by subordinate staff) to after-hours plant alarm calls or similar activities. May work in any and all weather conditions especially during wet season. May need to work extended or off shifts during wet weather events or plant emergencies.
- Provide environmental technical support in areas of expertise.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Engineering, Engineering & Technology Management, or related engineering or science field is required.
- Preferred applicants should hold a Class IV water treatment certification, or the ability to obtain the certification within 2 years of employment, and a Class III wastewater treatment certification.
- Preferred applicants should have knowledge of engineering design theory and practice, project management, construction and contract management, water resources, water/wastewater facilities and utility operations. Knowledge of current trends in water quality and treatment and other aspects of the regulated and non-regulated water and wastewater industry.
- Must possess strong organizational, interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills including proven experience developing compliance strategies and compliance program reporting.
- Candidate should be energetic, self-motivated and organized.
Application Deadline: 10/02/2020
Please submit completed application to: City of Maysville Attn: Human Resources 216 Bridge St Maysville, KY 41056 Or, email completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org Download application here: http://www.cityofmaysville.com/human-resources/application-for-employment/
Human Resources Director
216 Bridge Street
Maysville, KY 41056