City of Danville | Danville, KY
Date Posted: 11/30/2021 9:18:31 AM
Position: Finance Director
Pay Classification: Exempt
Location: 445 West Main Street, Danville, KY 40422 Department: Finance Department
Responsible To: City Manager Position Summary: Under the direct supervision of the City Manager, will have overall responsibility for the accounting and financial control for the City’s Finance Department. The position will oversee the financial operations of the City to ensure the departmental reports and other financial assets are in great standing. Provides advice for sound investment decisions. Develops strategies to assess, manage, and minimize any potential financial risk. Provides financial reports and analysis on the financial performance of the City and special projects. Builds reports for department heads to review and provide feedback. Provides research for Department Heads and reviews statistics to make forecasts and projections that help them build more comprehensive budgets. Must be self-motivated to work independently along with the ability to work in a team oriented environment. Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential to the duties of the position.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No Duties/Responsibilities:
- Manages and oversees the overall accounting functions of the City.
- Supervises, schedules, and evaluates the day-to-day activities of departmental staff.
- Maintains full integrity of all revenues, ensuring compliance with City policies and procedures as well federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Compiles fiscal estimates and prepares fiscal reports as requested including monthly and annual financial statements.
- Ensures compliance with accounting procedures through observation, supervision, and testing.
- Monitor the performance of investments including creating reports
- Analyze trends to reduce financial risks associated with making investment or spending decisions • Have a strong understanding of fiscal policy and investment regulations
- Responsible for managing the overall cash flow of the City
- Oversees the preparation of City tax reports and payments
- Offer advice to the City Manager regarding spending and budget questions.
- Aids the City Manager as required in assembling City’s annual budget and reports
- Supports the City’s bi-weekly payroll process, accounts receivable, accounts payable, collection of City revenue, and reconciliation of various accounts
- Performs other job duties as assigned
- Strategic planning skills.
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills.
- Ability to lead departments and work with employees across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to develop financial reports along with the ability to communicate the reports in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong knowledge of general accounting software programs along with the ability to learn and utilize the City’s current general ledger software platform
- Strong creative skills to develop new and innovative solutions.
- Ability to create and deliver unbiased budget expectations for different departments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and delegate responsibilities in an effective and efficient manner.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite and other business software.
- Knowledgeable with federal, state, and local tax reporting.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Extremely knowledgeable in financial forecasting, accounting principles, and financial data analysis.
- Excellent managerial skills with the ability to evaluate and develop departmental staff. Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in a senior level finance position.
- Local government account experience is preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant certification (CPA) is preferred. Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to sit at a workstation for extending periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs occasionally.
- Walking, twisting, stooping, and bending on a regular basis.
The City of Danville provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other trait or characteristic protect by federal, state, and local laws.
Salary Information: Salary Range for this position is $44,714 - $71,541 annually.
Application Deadline: 01/31/2022
Applicants can submit an application and resume through the City's Career Page located at www.danvilleky.gov.
445 West Main St
Danville, KY 40422