The Department of Health and Human Services Harm Reduction Program Grant supports community-based overdose prevention programs, syringe services programs, and other harm reduction services.
Funding may be used to do the following:
- enhance overdose and other types of prevention activities
- help control the spread of infectious diseases and the consequences of such diseases for individuals with or at risk of developing substance use disorders
- support distribution of opioid overdose reversal medication to individuals at risk of overdose
- build connections for individuals at risk for, or with, a substance use disorder to overdose education, counseling, and health education
- refer individuals to treatment for infectious diseases, such as HIV, sexually transmitted infections, and viral hepatitis
- encourage such individuals to take steps to reduce the negative personal and public health impacts of substance use or misuse
Learn more here.