Local Governments, as well as other organizaitonsaare eligible for the Farmers Market Promotion Program
The purpose of the Farmers Market Promotion Program (FMPP) is to increase domestic consumption of, and access to, locally and regionally produced agricultural products, and to develop new market opportunities for farm and ranch operations serving local markets.
FMPP focuses on:
- Supporting and promoting domestic direct producer-to-consumer marketing such as farmers markets, roadside stands, agritourism activities, community-supported agriculture programs (CSA), or online sales
- Encouraging the development of value-added agricultural products
- Developing marketing strategies for producers of local food and value-added products
- Facilitating regional food chain coordination and mid-tier value chain development
- Promoting new business opportunities and marketing strategies to reduce on-farm food waste
- Responding to changing technology needs in direct producer-to-consumer marketing, and
- Covering expenses related to costs incurred in obtaining food safety certification and making changes and upgrades to practices and equipment to improve food safety.
USDA, Agricultural Marketing Service