2020 KLC Insurance Services Workers' Compensation Grant filing deadline has been extended to May 15.
Due to the unfortunate conditions we are currently experiencing with the COVID-19 pandemic, the KLC Insurace Services Workers' Compensation Grant deadline will be extended until May 15, 2020, noon EDT.
We are well aware of the limitations city staff members are facing, and want to ensure that our members have ample time to submit an application for the grant.
Log in and apply here. If you need assistance with your login or password, please contact Hannah Thompson at 859-977-3728 or 800-876-4552.
PPE Hazard Form
PPE Hazard form SAMPLE
The applying city or agency must be a current member of the Kentucky League of Cities Insurance Services program with Workers’ Compensation (WC) insurance coverage. Only one application will be accepted from each insured member.
Important Safety Grant Program Dates
- Application period extended to May 15, noon, EDT
- Invoices or purchase orders must be attached to the grant and returned at the same time.
- We will accept purchase orders and invoices dated July 1, 2019 to May 15, 2020.
Due to the popularity of this grant, we advise members to apply early. If safety grant applications exceed funds available, grants will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
The Safety Grant is a 50/50 matching grant.
- Members with Workers’ Compensation coverage with total premiums before taxes less than 35,000 are eligible for up to $1,500 grant reimbursements for approved purchases.
- Members with Workers’ Compensation coverage with total premiums before taxes $35,000 and above are eligible for up to $3,000 grant reimbursements for approved purchases.
- Members who are applying for personal protective equipment (PPE), must complete the PPE Hazard Assessment and attach a copy to the grant and return at the same time.
Eligible Items List
- Personal protective equipment (must complete PPE Hazard Assessment and attach a copy with application) – PPE does not include body armor due to other funding available
- Items related to COVID-19 pandemic PPE and safety.
- Puncture-resistant gloves and sharps containers.
- KLC Insurance ServiceS Risk and Safety Conference Reimbursement of $300 for each person who attends as a full registration.
- Yaktrax or similar snow and ice traction devices for footwear.
- Safety training from an outside contractor.
- Utilities Safety Manuals (ex. APPA, AGA).
- Table saws with auto stop blade break (ex. Saw Stop).
- Confined space equipment (including calibration of air monitors).
- Trenching and shoring safety equipment.
- Lift assist stretchers and chairs (including batteries).
- Work zone safety equipment (signage and cones only).
Please note that we are targeting the losses that occur most within our program. These categories will change from year to year. Only items listed will be accepted for this grant period. No exceptions!
All grants are dependent on the availability of funds.