America in Bloom and the CN Railway have partnered to create the “EcoConnexions From the Ground Up” grants program. With a true transcontinental network that extends to three North American coasts, CN passes through a wide range of urban and rural communities. The grant encourages communities along the CN corridor to take environmental action by improving their communities through healthy urban forests, natural landscaping, groundcover improvement, and flower displays.
Get more information.
Questions? Contact America in Bloom - 614-453-0744.
CN EcoConnexions From the Ground Up supports collaborative community greening projects that enhance landscapes in communities neighboring CN rail lines to meet the following objectives:
- Enhance the quality of life in cities, villages, and townships.
- Promote public health benefits through the proper planting and care of trees and plants.
- Ensure that community landscapes provide ecosystem services – clean air and water, increased property values, reduced erosion and stormwater runoff, wildlife habitat, moderated temperatures, lessened energy demands, and year-round enjoyment.
- Enhance community tree canopy by properly planting diverse, quality trees for long-term sustainability and resistance to future pests.
- Beautify community gateways and create significant landscapes demonstrating the contribution of flowers and plants to growing community pride and economic vitality.
- Leverage CN EcoConnexions From the Ground Up grant support to catalyze strong and enduring community partnerships to undertake and sustain community greening efforts.
- Provide opportunities for CN and its neighbors to work together towards shared goals of environmental stewardship.Support long-term community greening through ongoing involvement in America in Bloom.
Municipalities, townships, other local governments and locally active non-profit groups in communities neighboring CN rail lines in the US.
CN EcoConnexions From the Ground Up will provide funding , however it will not fund more than 50% of project costs.