City of Shelbyville | Shelbyville, KY
Date Posted: 2/25/2020 11:53:46 AM
The Shelbyville Fire Department is accepting applications for part-time Firefighters.
General Duties: This position is a part-time, hourly, professional fire and rescue position that reports to the Fire Captain. Part-time firefighters are scheduled on a monthly and “as needed” basis and may (if available) respond on larger incidents or special events.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- operating all fire apparatus and communication equipment assigned to the department; safely transporting personnel, fire apparatus, and equipment to fires, accidents, rescue, civil defense, hazardous materials, and natural disaster calls to prevent/extinguish fire or rescue victims;
- assisting with building inspection, fire prevention, and public relation duties;
- ensuring clean, orderly and safe work environments; ensuring that apparatus and equipment are clean and maintained in proper working order;
- preparing and maintaining accurate records.
Education and Certification Qualifications at Time of Application:
- 18 years of age • A High School Diploma or equivalent
- A valid driver’s license issued by the Commonwealth of Kentucky • 150-hour Certification established and certified by the Kentucky Fire Commission o 400-hour certification and the IFSAC Firefighter I and II established and certified by the Kentucky Fire Commission are preferred, but not required.
- Emergency Medical Technician Certification (EMT-B or EMT-A, P) as established and certified by the Kentucky Board of Emergency Medical Services (KBEMS)
- Certifications from the US Department of Homeland Security/FEMA that include NIMS IS-100, 200, 700, and 800
- OSHA 1910: 120/NFPA 472 Hazardous Materials Awareness and Operations Level Certification Hiring Process:
- A written test of 100 questions from IFSTA Essentials 6th Edition • An agility skills test • An oral interview • A background and reference review
- A pre-employment physical exam and drug screen All gear, physicals, and training are provided by the department.
Part-time firefighters who are already enrolled in the C.E.R.S pension system will also get pension credit for time worked as a part-time Firefighter in this position
Salary Information: $11.02/hour
Application Deadline: 04/01/2020
Applications are available online at www.shelbyvillekentucky.com/201/Employment-Opportunities or can be obtained at Shelbyville City Hall (315 Washington St., Shelbyville, KY ) between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. The application, resume, and copies of certifications demonstrating qualifications can be mailed or delivered to City Hall at the address above. A resume will not substitute for a completed and signed application. Call (502) 633-7101 for questions. The position will remain open until filled. E. O. E. / A. D. A.
Human Resources Director
315 Washington St
Shelbyville, KY 40065