Date Posted: 8/24/2020 1:28:07 PM
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE CLASS: Under direct supervision of the shift commander, performs general duty police work in the enforcement of federal, state and local laws; community service; and does related work as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(1) Patrols a designated area on foot or on radio equipped vehicle to preserve law and order, prevent and discover the commission of crime.
(2) Secures the scene of crime; conducts preliminary investigations, gathers evidence, obtains witnesses and makes arrests.
(3) Testifies as a witness in court.
(4) Serves summons and subpoenas. (5) Investigates reports of stolen property: conducts follow-up investigations of homicides and thefts.
(6) Transports prisoners.
(7) Investigates reports of stolen property: conducts follow-up investigations of homicides and thefts.
(8) Investigates complaints of crimes committed by juveniles, and investigates places, areas and conditions that cause juvenile delinquency.
(9) Provides traffic control services in connection with school crossing, inoperative electronic traffic control devices, accidents, parades and special events.
(10) Prepares written reports on shift activities.
(11) Assists ambulance and fire services in emergency situations.
(12) Renders first aid.
(13) Administers Breath tests.
(14) Takes photographs and fingerprints for records.
(15) Investigates accidents and completes proper reports.
(16) Attends regular training classes in police methods, first aid, firearms instructions and related subjects.
(17) Participates in roll calls and debriefings.
(18) Renders assistance to citizens and the public as needed.
(19) May perform special related duties in special details or administrative services.
(20) Performs general duty police work.
(21) Responsibilities for Police Officer include but are not limited to the above duties.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent (GED). Completion of initial required training during the first year of employment. Prior law enforcement experience preferred.
SPECIAL NECESSARY REQUIREMENTS: Possession of an operator’s license issued by the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Must comply with the appropriate provisions of the Kentucky Revised Statutes.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Some knowledge of police methods, practices, and procedures with ability to apply this knowledge to specific situations. Knowledge of the geography of the area or ability to acquire the knowledge rapidly. Working knowledge of preventive maintenance. Ability to remember names, faces and details of incidents. Ability to analyze situations and carry out oral and written instructions. Ability to analyze situations and to adopt a quick, effective and reasonable course of action, with regard to surrounding hazards and circumstances. Ability to prepare clear and comprehensive reports. Physical strength and agility and freedom from serious defects as indicated by a physical examination. Ability to deal courteously but firmly with the general public. Initiative. Firmness. Courtesy. Resourcefulness. Agility. Sound judgment. Integrity. Honesty.
Salary Information: Pay Grade 16: $21.11 per hour
Application Deadline: 10/07/2020
Applications and complete position details are available at: www.richmond.ky.us Submit applications to Human Resources 239 W. Main Street, Richmond, KY 40475 Application Deadline: October 7, 2020
Human Resource Specialist
239 West Main Street
Richmond, KY 40475