Date Posted: 10/12/2020 5:10:30 PM
Assistant Public Works Director
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Public Works Director, serves as a working supervisor overseeing all functions of the Public Works Department. Includes, but not limited to, maintenance of City building and properties, streets and sidewalks, cemeteries, stormwater, and City signage.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES:
• Supervises and manages the day-to-day operations of the Public Works Department.
• Responsible for the oversite of street repairs, signage, leave pickup, snow removal, concrete and sidewalk repair, and City building and property maintenance.
• Performs public works services as necessary.
• Oversees stormwater maintenance and repair.
• Assist in the oversite of City cemeteries.
• Required to drive trucks and operate heavy duty equipment.
• Oversees landscaping and mowing of City properties.
• Responsible for the maintenance and repair of walking trails.
• Serves as the primary backup for the Public Works Director
• Responsible for the day-to-day supervision of the Public Works employees.
• Performs other job duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• HS Diploma or GED.
• Must have valid and current driver’s license.
• 5-7 years of prior supervisory experience required.
• Prior Public Services experience is preferred.
• Working knowledge of local government is a plus. • Must be able to perform the essential physical requirements of the job.
COMPENSATION: The salary range for this position is $33,594 - $53,751. The starting salary will be determined by the candidates years of relevant work experience.
• 100% Paid Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
• Company Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
• 100% Paid Life Insurance
• Vacation Pay
• Sick Pay
• Holiday Pay
• Educational Assistance
• KY CERS Non-Hazardous Duty Retirement
Salary Information: $33,594 - $53,751/year
The position will remain open until filled with the most qualified candidate. To be considered for this position please e-mail a completed application to Human Resources at email@example.com. Applications can also be mailed or dropped off at the following address: Danville City Hall, 445 West Main St., Danville, KY 40422.
For more information about this position and/or the recruitment and hiring process you may contact Human Resources at 859-936-6866. A detailed job description is available upon request. The City of Danville provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other trait or characteristic protect by federal, state, and local laws.
Human Resources Director
445 West Main St
Danville, KY 40422