Shelbyville Fire and Rescue | City of Shelbyville, KY
Date Posted: 9/22/2021 3:07:27 PM
General Duties: This position serves under the Fire Captain or Fire Sergeant and routinely works a scheduled 24 hours per week in 12 and 24-hour shifts. Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to: serving as a professional Firefighter/EMT on and off the fire ground; executing station duties; inspecting facilities to ensure clean, orderly and safe work environments; ensuring that apparatus and equipment are clean and maintained in proper working order; answering calls for emergency and non-emergency services normally associated with those of a Firefighter/EMT.
- Must be at least eighteen years of age by date of application
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A valid driver’s license issued by the Commonwealth of Kentucky
- Successful completion of an internal Fire Candidate Physical Agility Course and an internal written exam with a passing score of 75%. The exam will be comprised of material from the latest version of the IFSTA Essentials of Firefighting, Firefighter I curriculum. If an agility test has been completed within the last six (6) months, no agility test will be required. Desired Qualifications:
- 150-hour certification o 400-hour certification and the IFSAC Firefighter I and II established and certified by the Kentucky Fire Commission are preferred, but not required.
- Emergency Medical Technician Certification (EMT-B or EMT-A or P) as established and certified by the Kentucky Board of Emergency Medical Services (KBEMS) • Certificates from the US Department of Homeland Security/FEMA that include NIMS IS-100, 200, 700 and 800.
- OSHA 1910: 120/NFPA 472 Hazardous Materials Awareness and Operations Level Certification Salary: $12.82/hour. Compensated for call-back events and training events. Part time firefighters who are already enrolled in the CERS pension system will also get pension credit for time worked in this position.
Salary Information: (see above)
Application Deadline: 11/30/2021
Visit www.shelbyvillekentucky.com or City Hall (315 Washington St., Shelbyville, KY) for an application packet. Please include copies of certifications demonstrating qualifications with your application. A resume will not substitute for a completed and signed application. The application period will remain open until all positions are filled. Call (502) 633-7101 for questions.
1040 Main Street
Shelbyville, KY 40065