City of Danville | Danville, KY
Date Posted: 2/10/2021 3:39:07 PM
City of Danville, Kentucky Utility Inspector
THE CITY OF DANVILLE: The City of Danville is located 35 miles southwest of Lexington, and is a thriving community with a population of 17,000. The City has a highly efficient infrastructure, water treatment and wastewater facilities, police and fire services, quality school system, and a highly educated workforce. Danville is the home of Centre College, which is among the most prestigious small liberal arts colleges in America. The City of Danville is also the business hub to a 5 county, 100,000 + region.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position works under general supervision of the Municipal Utilities Director and is responsible for the City’s day-to-day inspections and methodologies related to the installation and maintenance of its utility infrastructure and appurtenances. Will be responsible for periodic reporting, Geographical Information System (GIS) and Global Positioning System (GPS) implementation, and other duties as required. The purpose of this position is to inspect water, sanitary, and storm sewer construction projects to ensure compliance with applicable regulations, ordinances, specifications, standards, and contract agreements. Successful performance ensures compliance with all relevant standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Supervises and documents installation of various municipal utilities, including but not limited, to water, sanitary sewer, pumping stations, and storm sewer both above and below ground.
- Will be required to perform general duties alongside municipal work crews as well as contracted work crews during utility installations, maintenance, and repairs as needed.
- Will be required to work with computers on a routine basis.
- Familiarity with GIS and GPS technology preferred in efforts to document newly installed utility infrastructure, utility repairs, and periodic updates to existing digital mapping.
- May be required to provide utility installation and repair opinion in the field as appropriate.
- Will be required to conduct periodic reporting to the Municipal Utilities Director relative to project progress, as well as contractor safety and sufficiency evaluation.
- May be required to provide feedback and reporting to the Municipal Utilities Director regarding fellow municipal personnel safety and sufficiency evaluation.
- May be required, at times, to aid fellow municipal labor personnel during utility repairs and maintenance activities as appropriate. • Assist with utilization of drone technology as directed by the Municipal Utilities Director or designee.
- May be required to perform light duty manual labor for extended periods of time.
- Must have the ability to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
- Document conformance of newly installed water and sewer installations relative, but not limited to, low pressure air test, hydrostatic pressure water/sewer mains and appurtenances.
- Review CCTV inspections video
- Inspects water, sanitary, and storm sewer ditch lines for safety and ensures proper backfill and compaction.
- Reviews as-built and record drawing plans to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Performs final inspections and maintains daily inspection log.
- May be required to work overtime during construction processes.
- Willingness to advance in training and education as deemed necessary for the position.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- HS Diploma or GED.
- Must have valid and current driver’s license.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with 1-3 years in a construction management, regulatory or engineering occupation preferred.
- Working knowledge of typical municipal utilities distribution methodologies and collection preferred.
- Possession of an industry recognized licensure such as Utility Foreman, Water Distribution, Wastewater Collections or similar.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- 100% Paid Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- 100% Paid Life Insurance
- Vacation Pay
- Sick Pay
- Holiday Pay
- Longevity Incentive Pay
- Educational Assistance
- KY CERS Non-Hazardous Duty Retirement
Salary Information: $31,762 - $47,642
Application Deadline: 04/30/2021
The position will remain open until filled with the most qualified candidate. To be considered for this position please e-mail a completed application and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com.
Applications can also be mailed or dropped off at the following address:
Danville City Hall
445 West Main St.
Danville, KY 40422
Applications can be obtained on the City’s careers page on our website at www.danvilleky.gov.
They are also available for pickup in the Legislative Office within City Hall. For more information about this position and/or the recruitment and hiring process you may contact Human Resources at 859-936-6866. A detailed job description is available upon request. The City of Danville provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other trait or characteristic protect by federal, state, and local laws.
Human Resources Director
445 West Main St
Danville, KY 40422