Submit a Job Posting
City of Madisonville | Madisonville, KY
Date Posted: 3/15/2021 1:39:56 PM
The City of Madisonville will be accepting applications for the position of City Engineer.
- This position will provide technical engineering assistance and expertise pertaining to commercial, residential, and industrial development projects in the area of stormwater management, planning, implementation, and enforcement of stormwater regulations.
- The position provides review of proposed stormwater projects, while also proposes corrective planning for existing regional and local stormwater conditions.
- Reviews minor and major subdivision plats; reviews subdivision construction plans; establishes waterline and sewer line construction standards; establishes storm water management standards.
- Prepares submittals to state and federal agencies.
- Issues encroachment permits.
- Inspects sites for repaving; develops and prioritizes lists; inspects paving contractor’s work.
- Inspects developer’s construction of water lines, sewer lines, drainage, etc.
- Establishes standard office policies and procedures.
- Reviews and assists Administrator with zoning issues.
- Makes recommendations to Mayor and Council on miscellaneous issues.
Qualified Applicants must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- Registered engineer in Kentucky or obtain certification
- Valid driver’s license
- The equivalent combination of education, experience and requisite knowledge to perform the jobs essential functions.
Salary Information: 63679 to 106025
Applications/Resumes will be accepted at City Hall, 67 Main Street, Madisonville, KY 42431 until the position is filled.
Applications are also available online at www.madisonvilleliving.com
Madisonville, KY 42431