City of Danville | Danville, KY
Date Posted: 8/31/2022 3:03:46 PM
THE CITY OF DANVILLE: The City of Danville is located 35 miles southwest of Lexington and is a thriving community with a population of 17,000. The City has a highly efficient infrastructure, water treatment and wastewater facilities, police and fire services, quality school system, and a highly educated workforce. Danville is the home of Centre College, which is among the most prestigious small liberal arts colleges in America. The City of Danville is also the business hub to a 5 county, 100,000 + region.
Position Summary: Under the general supervision of the City Manager, this position will be responsible for implementing and managing the City’s strategic community and economic development practices and principles. Is responsible for, but not limited to, marketing, promotions, public relations, communications, project management, entrepreneurship, community outreach, small business support and development, collaborating state and local agency partnerships, workforce development initiatives, and incentive programs.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Responsible for developing, implementing, and administration of the City’s strategic goals related to community and economic development for the City of Danville.
- Provides administrative, technical, and research support for specific community development initiatives.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining partnerships with key state and local agencies to enhance the community’s economic development programs through proactive marketing of the City and broader community initiatives.
- Administers the City’s communication channels to ensure information is updated regularly to enhance community understanding of City government actions and activities. This includes, but not limited to, the City’s website, social media platforms, press releases, and newsletters.
- Assist the City Manager in connecting regional and community resources to businesses, partners, developers to help initiate, facilitate, and expand economic development in the City.
- Provides support as needed to other City departments when they are working on projects relating to City and community economic development.
- Supports developers and individuals through the development review and construction process.
- Assist the City Manager in evaluating request for incentives to determine their financial viability and compatibility with the City’s economic development goals.
- Collaborates regularly with the community’s economic development organizations on economic development prospects. Local organizations include, but not limited to, the Chamber of Commerce, Convention and Visitors Bureau, and the Economic Development Authority.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Strong working knowledge of community and economic development practices and principles.
- Knowledge of organizational marketing practices and principles.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present information orally in a clear and concise manner across different audiences. Knowledge of municipal government.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of financial development and project management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Work, Excel, and PowerPoint Knowledge of research methods, tools, data collection, analysis along with the ability to configure data into graphs, charts, maps, and reports.
- Ability to work in a team environment, with the ability to develop and maintain working relationships with City employees, elected officials, developers, community agencies, citizen groups, regional partners, business representatives, and the general public. Possess strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to set priorities and meet critical deadlines.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in public administration, finance, business administration, or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in economic development, business relations, public relations, or entrepreneurship.
- Prior municipal government experience is preferred. Must have valid and current driver's license.
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift up to 30lbs occasionally. Walking, twisting, stooping, and bending on a regular basis. Must be able to sit at a workstation for extending periods of time.
The City of Danville provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other trait or characteristic protect by federal, state, and local laws.
Salary Information: The salary range for this position is $44,714 - $71,541. The starting salary will be determined by
Application Deadline: 10/30/2022
Interested candidates can submit an application for consideration through the City's Careers Page at www.danvilleky.gov. Applications can also be submitted through the job posting at www.indeed.com
Human Resources Director
445 West Main St.
Danville, KY 40422