City of Paducah | Paducah, KY
Date Posted: 5/22/2023 8:41:48 AM
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: The Diversity Specialist will work both internally and externally to develop and implement the City’s diversity initiatives and strategies. This position will be a human resource specialist that will work to develop and initiate programs to attract, hire, and maintain a diverse workplace. They will also work to establish better human relations in the community through developing and implementing various public relations activities
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Researches, develops, recommends, and executes creative strategies to foster the organization’s diversity goals.
- Gathers, compiles, analyzes and interprets data necessary for internal and external compliance, reporting, and monitoring of initiatives related to diversity, equal employment, and human rights.
- Reviews current practices and policies, assessing and analyzing the extent to which they support or hinder the company’s diversity goals.
- Collects and analyzes statistical data to evaluate the company’s population in accordance with diversity standards and goals.
- Drafts and implements recruiting and hiring strategies to attract employees from diverse backgrounds.
- Develops and/or acquires training and development to aid diversity and retention initiatives.
- Supports HR specialists in analyzing and developing succession plans •
- Participates as City liaison on the Paducah Human Right Commission, and the Paducah Diversity Advocacy Board.
- Provides guidance to supervisory and human resources staff in developing objective performance and other employee evaluations and policies.
- Acts as company liaison with government agencies concerning affirmative action and equal employment opportunities.
- Maintains knowledge of diversity-related issues, legislation, and best practices.
- Recommends training and policy updates to leadership, ensuring legal compliance of management and human resources staff. • Performs other related duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS FOR WORK:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including proven dispute resolution skills.
- Thorough understanding of federal, state, and local equal employment opportunity laws and regulations.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to accurately operate a computer keyboard, office equipment, copy machine, and calculators. Extensive reading and close vision work. Maintain a minimum lifting capacity of 30 lbs. and sustain the ability for repeated standing, sitting, bending, and stooping. Must be able to walk and climb stairs when necessary. Must maintain the physical requirements to successfully pass the Essential Job Function Test as required for the position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field preferred.
- At least five years of Human Resources or related experience is required with at least three years specializing in equal employment opportunity, affirmative action, and diversity programs.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred.
Salary Information: Salary Range: $46,067 – $57,584
Application Deadline: 06/02/2023
Apply at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/paducahky
300 S 5TH ST
PADUCAH, KY 42003