June 24, 2021

Helpful Resource - SAMS and DUNS Registrations

All entities—that is, people or organizations wishing to do business with the federal government—must register in the System for Award Management (SAM) at SAM.gov. 

  • Registrations must be updated every 12 months to remain active
  • There is no fee to register or renew at SAM.gov
  • Businesses and grant or loan recipients need a DUNS number which they get from Dun and Bradstreet before registering in SAM
  • Businesses and grant or loan recipients must have an active SAM registration to receive federal funds
  • Successfully registering with SAM makes your business visible and accessible to every civilian and military federal agency out there
    who might otherwise not be aware of your business.  

Learn more about SAMS registration. 

Learn more about DUNS registration.