All entities—that is, people or organizations wishing to do business with the federal government—must register in the System for Award Management (SAM) at SAM.gov.
- Registrations must be updated every 12 months to remain active
- There is no fee to register or renew at SAM.gov
- The Unique Entity ID (UEI) is the official identifier for organizations doing business with the U.S. Government as of April 4, 2022.
- Businesses and grant or loan recipients must have an active SAM registration to receive federal funds
- Successfully registering with SAM makes your business visible and accessible to every civilian and military federal agency out there
who might otherwise not be aware of your business.
Learn more about SAMS registration.
Learn more about UEI registration.