The Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives Local Records Program distributes grant funds to local government agencies to assist them with records management, which includes digitization, security microfilming, supplies/equipment, salary support, and records conservation. Funds are awarded twice annually, and any local government agency is eligible to apply.
FY 2022 (Cycle 2) Grant Program Schedule:
- July 6: Cycle opens
- July 6 - September 3: Draft application review period
- September 3: FY22C2 Application deadline
- November 10: LR Grant Review Committee reviews and scores grant applications, and makes funding recommendations to the State Libraries, Archives, and Records Commission
- December 9: State Libraries, Archives, and Records Commission reviews grant applications and makes funding recommendations to the KDLA Commissioner
- December 13: Award notifications are sent to grant applicants
Learn more and access grant application here.