For cities that have taken advantage of the 2020 grant, the reporting form is due February 1, 2021. Attached is a copy of the form to be used.
Each year, the Kentucky Division of Waste Management provides grants to cities that operate or provide trash services. These litter abatement grants are used for various expenses including:
- Actual Disposal costs include bags, bulky items, tires, etc.;
- Contract costs include non-profit organizations and contract labor;
- Education costs include personnel time spent on education, education materials, etc.;
- Equipment/Vehicle costs include operation of vehicles and equipment (FEMA rates apply);
- Personnel costs are calculated by multiplying the employee’s hourly rate by the hours of labor expended for litter cleanup;
- Supplies cost include trash bags, gloves, etc.;
- Other costs include any additional monies spent that do not fall into one of the categories listed
To learn more about this grant program, go here.
To view cities and counties receiving the 2020 grant, go here.